Friday, September 13, 2013

Forever And A Day

It's cold and rainy on the outside
With water specks and shivering trees
All I think about is you on the inside
And what things could be if I were free
Of how I could trip and fall for you
Forever and a day

I see your quiet fullness on occasion
Treading with an affirmative softness
All I think about is the act of your invasion
And what I could say to you in tenderness
Of how I could sing and write to you
Forever and a day

In front of you I can't help but be frail
There's a view in your eyes of heaven
And I think that my resolution will fail
What I could give to you in my dark haven
Of how I could hold and look at you
Forever and a day

As I lie awake in the shadows of my mind
Swimming in my rivers of creation
I see that you are a dream inside my wish
Of a reality more real than life

I wish I could tell you everything
With my hands in the fields of your hair
All that I think about is our eternal fling
And what we would share in our affair
Of how I could caress and kiss you
Forever and a day

Darling,
You are on the surface of my every thought
You are the words in all my dreams
And all I can think about
And all that I dare to
Is being in love with you
Forever and a day


Written by Byron P. Brassel
13 September 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment