Monday, March 12, 2012

Blood And Blackness

I wonder the twisting, unbending pathways of my mind
Thin, sharp walls long and blind
I see the rank of gold frames
So much sorrow, so much shame
They eat the ecstasy and swallow the sensations
They trap the thrills and drown the desire
I don't know what I see anymore

My hands grip the freezing, melting walls of iniquity
I search for support of my own self-pity
Trailing my torn feet on the cold, wet floor
My globes searching for an absent door
I feel the dark, poison syrup touch my skin
And in my head I feel the blackness grin... oh it grins
And I don't know what I see anymore

In blood and blackness, I lie awakened
In blood and blackness, I lie, shaken
In blood and blackness. I lie forsaken
In my blood and blackness, I am taken
Oh I am dormant, in the blood and blackness

Through the corridors of intangible, copulating emotion
I see a doorway to my false redemption
Half empty bottles stained full
I feel death's soft, erotic pull
Oh, through the blood stained cavities of rejection
I climb through my battered dejection
Ah, I don't know what I see anymore

In blood and blackness, I lie awakened
In blood and blackness, I lie, shaken
In blood and blackness, I lie forsaken
In my blood and blackness, I am taken
Ah, I am dormant in the blood and blackness

Oh through the distorted dreamer's dream
My body paints the canvas of damnation
Past my event horizon, there lies my heavenly hell
Ah antagonism fornicates, my mind, the cell

In blood and blackness, I lie awakened
In blood and blackness, I lie, shaken
In blood and blackness, I lie forsaken
In my blood and blackness, I am taken
Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah! I am dormant in the blood and blackness

Did I create my own denial?
Or did I deny my own creation?

Blood and blackness
Blood and blackness
Oh, the blood and blackness
Cover me

Byron Brassel
Middlemist, III
January 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment