I lay awake one night in my bed
My dark globes guard the fading ceiling
As I lie there staring, I feel my heart - it feels so dead,
Oh it feels so dead
I don't know how to tell you, I don't know how to try
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
In the morning I tumble out of bed
I get so clean and I fix my hair
At school I see the face of a million suns
But her eyes only freeze my sideburns
I don't know how to awe you, I don't know how to please
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
Hey,
For an eternity, I glided through the waters
Through the waters of uncertainty
Through the rivers of commotion
Through the streams of emotion
Ah, through the streams and rivers and waters
A fish in the sea, I search for my self-worth
Darling please, show me it is there.
Show me I am man
I don't know how to hold you, I don't know how to cry
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
Oh darling, darling I do
I see the grey clouds forming in the sky
As I spin all fours on the snaky path
In my heart, the scars of former days lie dry
In my body, my blood, my mind - I thirst
I don't know how to gift you, I don't know how to love
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
The grey Gods let it go, they let it go
The fragments of worth rain down on me
They sting like the nettles of the wood
They burn like the fires of the lower world
I fall down to my hands and knees, dry tears
My diamond sinks in the weight of days of old
Only in my heart, am I worthy
I don't know how to tell you, I don't know how to try
I don't know how to awe you, I don't know how to plead
I don't know... I don't know
I don't know how to hold you, I don't know how to cry
I don't know how to please you, I don't know how to love
But darling please, please, please, please
Believe me when I say
I do
I don't know how to love you, I don't know how
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
Byron P. Brassel
Middlemist, II
4 October 2011
My dark globes guard the fading ceiling
As I lie there staring, I feel my heart - it feels so dead,
Oh it feels so dead
I don't know how to tell you, I don't know how to try
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
In the morning I tumble out of bed
I get so clean and I fix my hair
At school I see the face of a million suns
But her eyes only freeze my sideburns
I don't know how to awe you, I don't know how to please
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
Hey,
For an eternity, I glided through the waters
Through the waters of uncertainty
Through the rivers of commotion
Through the streams of emotion
Ah, through the streams and rivers and waters
A fish in the sea, I search for my self-worth
Darling please, show me it is there.
Show me I am man
I don't know how to hold you, I don't know how to cry
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
Oh darling, darling I do
I see the grey clouds forming in the sky
As I spin all fours on the snaky path
In my heart, the scars of former days lie dry
In my body, my blood, my mind - I thirst
I don't know how to gift you, I don't know how to love
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
The grey Gods let it go, they let it go
The fragments of worth rain down on me
They sting like the nettles of the wood
They burn like the fires of the lower world
I fall down to my hands and knees, dry tears
My diamond sinks in the weight of days of old
Only in my heart, am I worthy
I don't know how to tell you, I don't know how to try
I don't know how to awe you, I don't know how to plead
I don't know... I don't know
I don't know how to hold you, I don't know how to cry
I don't know how to please you, I don't know how to love
But darling please, please, please, please
Believe me when I say
I do
I don't know how to love you, I don't know how
Just believe me when I say this
Darling, I do
Byron P. Brassel
Middlemist, II
4 October 2011
No comments:
Post a Comment